2018 Mazda 6: Simply A Carryover Of The Current Model
Mazda is one of the top car makers in the world. The cars that they make are designed beautifully and they perform well on the roads. Mazda 6 does do justice to this reputation of the company in terms of its performance. However, when it comes to the looks of the new 2018 Mazda 6, well, you may be in for a little disappointment. The problem with the looks of the car is that it has absolutely nothing new to offer. What you expect from a new Mazda car is a new design that would make all the other sedan cars on the roads look ugly and an interior loaded with more equipments than any of its rival cars.
Unfortunately, the new Mazda car is simply a carryover from its old model. Whether we talk about the exterior or the interiors of the car, there is nothing new that this car has to offer. There were rumors doing the rounds that this car might be available in coupe version as well, however, that seems pretty unlikely as well.
Changes To Expect In The New Model
Very few changes are expected in the new Mazda 6.
- The i-ELOOP would be discontinued in the Grand Touring model of the car. This option has already been removed by the company in its Mazda 3 model, and the new version will come without this option.
- To improve and increase the safety level of the car, automatic emergency braking system would become a part of the standard feature of the car. Thus, both the Grand Touring as well as the entry level models of the car would come with these automatic emergency brakes.
- The Smart Brake Support feature will be present in Touring and Grand Touring models, which would easily function at highway speed levels.
- The entry level Sports model of the car will also have a Smart Brake Support system, but it would be tuned to match the city speed levels.
- Another significant change one can observe is the addition of the G-Vectoring control panel.
- Traffic sign recognition, blind spot monitoring and lane keep assistance are some other new features that we can expect in the new model.
Features Not Getting Changed In The New Model
As mentioned before, no major changes can be noticed in both the interiors and exteriors of the car.
- The cabin will have more or less the same appearance with the same range of car seats, display audio system with a rear camera view, push button for starting the car and an electronic brake for parking.
- The car will not be getting Android Auto or Apple CarPlay connection even in its new model.
- The engine of the car also stays the same. The same engine that is used in the current model will be used in the new model as well. Thus, the engine in the new Mazda 6 would be a 2.5 liter engine with a 6 automatic speed automation transmission.
- There were murmurs about a new diesel engine, but the plans for the same have been put on hold, and the customers would get a choice of one engine only.
2018 Mazda 6 Price And Release Date
The company has not made any announcements about the release date of the car, however, based on the information received from internal sources within the company, they are planning for an early 2019 release of this model.
As for the price of the car, keeping in tune with the past trend of the car, this car would also be priced in an affordable manner. While the exact prices have not been made public by the company, the current model of the car is selling in the market at a starting price of $22820, and if you add the automatic, the price increases by $1050. The top models of this car are priced at $31570. The new model of this car is expected to be priced around these current price levels only.
While many are saying that the fact that not many changes have been made by the company with the looks and features of the car would prove to be a disadvantage for the company, there are many others that the familiarity of the car would prove to be an advantage, and it will make it easier for the customers to accept the new model. In fact, the company is already claiming to have received a lot of appreciation from the preview of the car. However, for all those expecting a different car, this model would be a big disappointment.