The All New 2019 BMW M5 Gets Badder And Better
The sixth generation of the M-cars has been launched by the company. And while, from the looks of the same, you may not find it to be much different from the earlier version, the fact is that the new 2019 BMW M5 is badder, bolder, meaner and a lot more powerful. The BMW M5 has already managed to earn a cult status for itself. If the reports from Munich are to be believed, this new machine is going to be the quickest and technologically the most advanced car in the series till date. The first preview of the car was unveiled by the company at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2017, and it is expected to be available for sale by next year.
The Firsts In BMW M5
While many of the good features from the old version, like the revised twin turbo V8, etc., have been carried forward, there are many new features that have been added to this car, to give it more power and speed. Some of these first time features added to this super saloon car are as follows:
- The car is based on the G 30 generation 5 series.
- For the first time, the car will feature the xDrive four wheel drive. The xDrive system ensures that most of the power gets transmitted to the rear wheels. The front wheels get this supply of power only when the system detects some sort of drop in the traction.
- To give the driver some sideway fun, there is 2 W modes that completely shuts off the all wheel drive system and power is transmitted only to the rear.
- A new 8 speed semi automatic gearbox has been added to the car.
- The V8 turbo engine may be the same, but the power generated by the same in this car would go as high as 592 BHP, giving the car enough power to give competition to Mercedes AMG E 63.
- An addition of revised twin turbochargers has been made, coupled with revised set of exhaust manifolds. This design helps in passing more exhaust gas to the engine
- The cooling and lubrication system in the car is also new.
- The oil pump added in the car is based on race specifications.
Changes In The Looks Of The Car
Not much has been changed as far as the looks of the car is concerned. However, the changes are enough to give the car a meaner and more desirable appearance. Some of the prominent changes in the styling and designing of the car include the following:
- The understated aesthetics of 5 series sedan have been retained. These looks have then been sprinkled with an extra layer of masculine aerodynamic enhancements. These enhancements basically depict the extra power and performance capabilities that the new 2019 BMW M5 possesses.
- One can see the addition of a rear diffuser, side skirts and spoilers.
- To improve the cooling of the car, enlarged air intakes have been provided.
- The M5 makes use of aluminum alloys and carbon reinforced plastic to keep the weight of the car under check. The total weight of the car has been kept at around 4200 pounds. Besides aluminum alloys and carbonfibre, in order to manage the weight of the car, you will also find a boot mounted lithium ion battery and a lightweight exhaust system.
- The M5 is going to be bigger than any other M5 before. Its length will increase from 55mm to 4965mm, while the width of the car grows by 12mm to 1903mm. The height of the car has also been increased from 16mm to 1473mm.
- Keeping in with the tradition, this new car by BMW allows for a comfortable seating for 5 people and a luggage space of 530 liters.
Many technically advanced features also make their way in this new M5 sedan.
- Multi function steering wheel.
- Electrically adjustable seats.
- M-specific digital instruments.
- M-specific head-up display system.
- Multiple driving modes to allow the driver to choose the level of electronic intervention he or she desires. Basically, there are three driving modes available, Comfort, Sports and Sports Plus.
- Gesture control.
The Pricing : 2019 BMW M5
The first look of the car has already been revealed by the company, and it is expected that the car would be available at the dealerships by next year, at a price of around £89,640. However, this would only be the base price, and there would be many features and customization options available to the buyers, which will only increase the price of the car further up.
2019 BMW M5 Photo Gallery :