Analyzing The Minute Changes In 2019 Kia Niro EV
The marketplace for both Hyundai and Kia may be very different from each other, both these companies from South Korea share their underpinnings with each other like good sister concerns. Therefore, it comes as no surprise to us that the latest offering from Kia, its 2019 Kia Biro EV has a very similar design as that of Hyundai’s Loniq Hybrid.
With Kia Niro EV, the company is making its foray into the electric car segment. The designing, styling and even the platform and powertrain of Niro EV seems very similar to that of Kia Niro Hybrid. Hence, there should not be many surprises in this car for the buyers. However, this does not mean that Kia Niro EV would be a disappointment. In Fact, if the test reviews are to be believed, one should have high expectations and hopes from this new wagon.
Let’s briefly review the various aspects and changes in the 2019 Kia Niro EV
Let’s begin the discussion with the exteriors of the car:
- The front fascia of the car has been completely revised.
- You can also expect a new front grill in the car.
- The fascia of the rear end of the car is expected to become a little lower. At the same time there are going to be some new badges attached to the rear of the car.
- The fog lights, which till now were present on the front of the car, will now be moved to the flanks.
- The side profile will not be getting any changes and hence remain absolutely the same.
- The company is making all efforts possible to lower the weight of the car so as to offer a smoother drive and better fuel consumption.
The above discussion does show that not much would be changed in the car in terms of its looks. But this common for all the companies that have launched an electric version of their existing models. No company likes to make too many changes to the looks of the car in its electric version. Hence, the little changes in the looks of the new 2019 Kia Niro EV were something that we had all expected.
Next let’s move on to the interiors of the car.
- Pretty much like the exteriors of the car, not too many changes have been made to the interiors of the car as well. Hence, you can expect the interiors to remain pretty much the same as before.
- The technology present in the car will definitely get upgraded, and one of the first things that will be revised in this regard will be the infortainment system.
- In a bid to offer better technology to the customers, the company is planning to introduce the All digital instrument cluster in the car, which would available on all the models of this electric wagon.
- There will no longer be any need for the gear shifter.
We were already pretty satisfied with the interiors of all the Niro’s that were present on the road and the company was selling previously, and therefore, the fact that hardly any changes have been made to the interiors of the car, is something that has not disappointed me. However, if you did not like the interiors of the existing Niro, then you may be a little disappointed with the interiors of the 2019 Kia Niro EV, since they are basically a carbon copy of the other Niros.
Finally, let’s check out the Drivetrain.
The platform and the powertrain of the vehicle are also going to be similar to the ones that are present in the current Niro. Some of the highlight points of the drivetrain in 2019 Kia Niro EV are as follows:
- You can hope for an AWD, which can come with either 2 or 4 electric motors.
- While it is not confirmed, but there are rumors, that front wheel drive may be available in this car.
- The maximum horsepower that you can expect from this car would range from 140 to 200 HP.
- If the vehicle is available with 4 motor engine, then it would be possible to distribute torque on demand.
- Depending on the battery size, the range of the car will vary from somewhere around 150 miles to about 310 miles.
- Once the battery has been charged in full, the car would provide you with a run time of under 6 hours.
2019 Kia Niro EV Price and Release Date :
The production for this hybrid version of Niro has already started, and therefore one can expect the car to hit the markets by the end of 2018.
While its counterpart, Hyundai Loniq Electric is available at a price of $30000, there is no indication of the price of Niro EV. However, we do expect the price of this car to be around this range only.
2019 Kia Niro EV Photo Gallery :